Allergy & Asthma Consultants LTD recommends the COVID-19 vaccine.
For everyone’s health and safety if you have a cough, fever or shortness of breath, we recommend you contact your primary care physician and reschedule your appointment with AAC.
Updated: February 09, 2021
The health and well-being of our patients, staff, and community is our first priority. Amidst growing concern around Coronavirus (COVID-19), we are adhering to the CDC and IDPH guidelines to prevent viral transmission and to ensure your safety in our offices.
What AAC is doing:
• AAC will be contacting all patients prior to their scheduled office visits in order to reiterate and confirm a health status check as recommended by the CDC.
• Patients presenting with COVID-19 symptoms – fever, cough and/or shortness of breath – will be rescheduled per CDC guidelines and their referring MD will be notified.
• AAC always follows the highest level of sanitization guidelines. We have enhanced these preventive measures in order to protect our staff, patients and the community at large against any additional risk factors associated with the spread of COVID-19.
• All offices remain open and available for our patients. However, provider schedules may change with little or no notice to ensure adequate coverage.
• Immunotherapy patients currently on weekly injections can begin coming in weekly again. Thank you for your patience.
• Medication refills will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
• Many allergic conditions can be evaluated and treated with a phone call or a telehealth interview. We are currently working out the details to offer this service shortly.
• Appointments via video and phone conferencing remain available. Please be aware that we will now be billing for your direct communication with the physicians, including phone video and e-mail.
Additional CDC Resources
AAC is providing the following information from the CDC and other resources regarding the Coronavirus and COVID-19. We are making these links available to provide you with the most current and relevant information.
• How It Spreads
• Prevention and Treatment
• Stigma and COVID-19
• Facts from the CDC
• Spanish Resources
• Prevención y tratamiento
This is a rapidly evolving situation and information will be updated as needed here and on the CDC website at cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/.
For general questions about COVID-19 and Illinois’ response and guidance, call 1-800-889-3931 or email DPH.SICK@ILLINOIS.GOV.